Can't stay logged in

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I agree that it's a good idea to log out when you are away from your computer, but I was just wondering if the forum is acting differently for some people.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
OK, I just logged out for the first time ever and found out I only have to be logged in if I want to post something.
Is that correct?

So if I just want to read other members posts, there's no reason to log in for that "session"?

Almost 4 years in I'm just learning this?:rolleyes:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yes and no, if you don't log in the forum will not be able to track read vs unread threads, notifications, etc...

Since I use the "new posts" option a lot, I prefer to be logged in.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Was just logged in overnight, so I guess I stay on until I intentionally log off..

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
It used to work that way for me till a week or two ago. logging in every time is annoying. I lock the whole computer when I leave, that's good enough for security without having to log out of the forums evey time (my bank is another case altogether)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Very strange. I touch base with Griff about it. Give him as much info about you configuration as you can. Maybe he's seen it before.???

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Even stranger, the problem seems to have resolved itself on my phone since last night.
I'm not home so I don't know about the PC.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
the plot thickens....

It worked for me all weekend on my phone, then I used my work PC this morning, and it asked me to log in. Now my phone asks me to log in also. So somehow accessing the site from the PC seems to be causing this.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Maybe the system recognizes the different IPs?
Though it should remember several for each person and only ask if there is a new one.

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
I have had the same issue as others. It started with the new forum. I can log into forum using my pc and will stay logged in until I log in using my cell phone. Bottom line is I can only stay logged in on one device at a time.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Mine logs me out when I change devices and IP addresses.

I have password auto-fill activated on my Browsers so it isn't really an issue for me.

I think I remember Griff referring to a "Cookie" issue with the Forum software in one of our conversations.

Maybe it's something related.

DannyB

2 miles from Jim Beam. Oh! Pleasent Hope!
As simple as it is, it only take a second or two, yet its a major irritant to a lot of us. When I open FireFox, 7 pages open. Out of the 7, I have to log into 4 of them. One is BGU forum and the other three that I have to log into are 3 instances of my BGU account, lessons that I'm working on. Its ultra aggravating. My wife says that I have never had any patience, and the older I get, I have even less. I suppose she has a point!

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Out of interest are all you having issues using any Apple devices? I use windows and android and don't have any issues. The only time I log in is if I run spybot and delete the cookies. I have to log in once after that then it's good to go. I use the forum on my home desk top personal Laptop and phone and (don't tell the security department) work laptop.

cheers

Al.

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Out of interest are all you having issues using any Apple devices? I use windows and android and don't have any issues. The only time I log in is if I run spybot and delete the cookies. I have to log in once after that then it's good to go. I use the forum on my home desk top personal Laptop and phone and (don't tell the security department) work laptop.

cheers

Al.

I am using windows 10 on desktop pc. Running android on cell phone. I have also tried using chrome and firefox as browsers with the same results.