Time for some new goals!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
When I started gigging, I played classic rock at bars and restaurants where I was mostly background noise.
I often went to listen at an open mic night at a place called The Cadillac Pizza Pub here in McKinney, Tx. They ALWAYS had great players there (Griff played there when he was in town) and my goal was to get up and play at the open mic. Eventually I did just that. I was nervous because several really great players that I had come to know we're there listening. Well, I crashed and burned that first night. I didn't want to show my face there ever again! Luckily I got over that and played open mic night there several times. So that goal was met.
Around then I began thinking that if I could ever play a real gig there, I could die happy.
Since I'm not ready to die, I'll have to see another goal because I'll be playing there on Friday night!
I'm filling in for a band's regular guitar player/singer so this may be a one time thing, but if you are in North Texas, please try to be there. It will be a fun night. Oh, and we made to their web page... MikeS and Travelin' Jed (no idea who Jed is or where he's going)
Cadillac Pizza Pub

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Congratulations - look like a cool gig - and you overcame your "crash and burn" earlier on. This has to be a double star night!. Sorry I am in CA or I would definitely be there to cheer you on! And not just as "background noise!" Go Mike - you rock!