Happy Birthday Kestrou - July 19

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that today is Kestrou's 52nd birthday!
It's truly a thrill to get to celebrate the birth of a legend! Happy Birthday Kevin! I hope it's a wonderful day today. May you enjoy this and many more birthdays to come.

P.S. If you pass through Danville, Illinois today, stop in to ANY bar and have a drink. Tell them to put it on Kevin's tab. They will know who you're talking about!

Have a great one, my friend!

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Happy Birthday Kevin! I sure hope it's good one for!

patb

Blues Junior
Can't make it to Danville today but I'll drink to you at 5:00 Pacific time.
Have a great day and be careful out there.
Pat B

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
52, jeeeez, I knew you were still just a kid!!!
Never grow up - it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Happy Birthday! :Beer:
Tom

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Thanks guys - I appreciate the appreciating! :)

I've already figured out... growing old ain't for cowards...

Kevin

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
From the west coast - happy birthday. May you have 52 more of them and all be a great as this one! To take your statement one step forward: living ain't for cowards! Peace brother. Tipple one or more for all of us!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Tacos tonight at Main Street Bar & Grill here in Shitknuckle, Illinois - you're all invited and I'll be running a tab! :D

Kevin

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I hope the town is still intact following this epic event. :rolleyes:

It almost wasn't!

Ok, this is a day-after-birthday story, but a good one I think...

Danville is a small town of about 30,000 - so doesn't have regulars blues jams - but there was a one off at the local American Legion last night so I went - and TORE IT UP!

Played drums, sang, and played probably the best live guitar of my life.

The cherry on top was that one of the waitresses there was I gal I knew (and knew well) from about 15 years ago - she even moved in with me for a couple months back then.

Anyways, she was serving drinks and was deifinitely "interested"... saying how she'd heard that I play but didn't know I was good so complimenting my playing, asking where else I played, how life was going, if anybody was there with me, etc.

Well, once a relationship is "in the past" that's where it stays with me - if it didn't work then I'm not going to revisit a bad relationship. I politely told her "I'm enjoying life and not on the market" and she was visibly disappointed, thrn asked if we could still "hang out" sometime (yeah right). I had tried to be polite, but told her my motto is "Only a dog returns to his vomit" - and that gave her my final answer pretty clearly.

So, to all of you in the know, I'm still avoiding dem ebul wimmenz - but its at ieast good to be wanted, right? :) - and had a fantastic jam!!!

Kevin