Missing Courses

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
I have a few of Griff's courses that don't show up in the Practice Generator. Specifically (for me) Major Minor Blues Scales, Blues Solo Construction Kit - Slow Blues Feel, How to Improvise Blues Solos and Modes Unleashed are all not available in the Practice Generator. What's up with that???

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Honestly? Very few people were using it, so I think that Griff moved onto more productive things.
That said, I know he is working on a new member portal and as part of that he will be resurrecting the practice generator.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@Dewesq55 it basically got to where it was getting a bit out of control to keep adding courses on a course by course basis and I was afraid it was going to become impossible to navigate.

That being said, I should get it up to date and will, but I'm in the process of moving it from the old server to my newer server. And apparently there is a different version of PHP so some things broke (well, all of it broke) and I had to get the guy who wrote it to work on it.

You can add stuff from anywhere as a custom lesson, so for now that's what you'll have to do. When I get it moved and get all the newer courses in it again, you'll be able access them directly.

I hope it won't take too much longer, but I'm also trying to get some more functionality to go in line with more member services I'm trying to offer.

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
That's for responding, @Griff. I can wait, but I like the tool. I just need to refine my use of it. First attempt, i put too much stuff in it. I need to cut it down some and work in cycles of fewer things per cycle. That will help me focus and still cover what I want to work on over time. My problem is I want to learn "everything" and NOW! That's why I need the tool. But I think some self-focus in losing the practice plans is the first step.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
like the additions to the PG but some of the links to the lessons don''t work...PSTM - 5 Box Patterns give me an "error" message when I try to link to it...thanks...later.

cowboy