Next Course to Take?

Yohannah

Blues Newbie
I'm doing the beginner course, and I'm very much a beginner at blues.

I can basically read tab and chord charts, and having sound files helps me read the time signature accurately.

I know nothing about theory, chord progressions, scales, arpeggios and such.

I can see I'll want to keep going when I finish this one. What's the best one to move on to from here?

TIA!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Gosh, where do you want to go from here? Acoustic music? Electric music? Do you want to play rhythm? Lead? The ABGU or BGU are great next steps but patrs may be challanging? While doing the beginning course did you determine you have any interest in any particular thing? A theory course is always good, a strumming course is too, perhaps the 4 note solo? I would suggest reading the course catalog descriptions and see which one sounds good to you.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If the "beginning course" is Beginning Blues Guitar, then you could go acoustic or electric as others have said. More important, you may want to learn to record yourself.

Yohannah

Blues Newbie
Ok, so, my problem is that I like lots of stuff and can't yet narrow it down. So I took full advantage of the sale and bought three more courses. I'm set for a long while now.

Yohannah

Blues Newbie
The two other courses recommended for beginners (chords and rhythm) and the main blues course recommend for intermediate students, which will stretch me. I'm not even half way through the beginner course, so I have lots of good stuff to look forward to!

That's the way to do it Yohannah:). Which courses did you get?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
That sounds like a good plan. If you are interested in acoustic I think there is one called "Playing on the porch" or something like that. The main BGU course will give you most of what you need to play the blues. Most of the other courses, in my opinion, are specialized for certain areas after the basics have been mastered. Well, maybe not Strumming and Rhythm Mastery because that is one of the basics :LOL:

Eric

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Lot's of good stuff is right!

I wish you great success! You'll get very useful help from the forum. It's good that your not shy about asking.

See you down the road! :thumbup: