Acoustic Shuffle in E

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's nice and simple.:thumbup:

I'll save this track for noodling around and see if we get some new blood jumping on this one.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice one Papa, and Kommetjie!
I'd join in, but can't figure out how to download the Soundcloud file to my Mac. Dropbox files just require a click and drag. Soundcloud looks like it requires an account to download(?). Think I'll follow the Captain's lead and just noodle with the track from papa! Shuffle on!

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
Nice one Papa, and Kommetjie!
I'd join in, but can't figure out how to download the Soundcloud file to my Mac. Dropbox files just require a click and drag. Soundcloud looks like it requires an account to download(?). Think I'll follow the Captain's lead and just noodle with the track from papa! Shuffle on!

I tried deleting some older files in my Souncloud account, maybe this will work . . .

https://soundcloud.com/kommetjie/e-acoustic-barrelhouse-shuffle-komm

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well drat!
I was hoping for some others to jump on this.

If nobody shows up I might have to take a bite of this little samich.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I tried...still can't copy the Soundcloud file.
If you click on the 3 little dots were it says "more" under the waveform the download option pops up (down).

I checked and it's there.

But I think that's only if you have an account.

Which I opened awhile back specifically so I could download Kommetjie's contributions.

That's the only time I ever use it.

Last edited:

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
I tried...still can't copy the Soundcloud file. (n) (thanks for trying Kommetjie!)

Jmin, I googled Soundcloud to see if there was anything I could do about making my file available to everyone . . .
Try opening my initial contribution again, let me know if it works now, please.
Alternatively, Paleo uses Dropbox, you should be able to download his recording (Thanks, Paleo, like the contrasting tones.)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Jmin, I googled Soundcloud to see if there was anything I could do about making my file available to everyone . . .
Try opening my initial contribution again, let me know if it works now, please.
Alternatively, Paleo uses Dropbox, you should be able to download his recording (Thanks, Paleo, like the contrasting tones.)

Thanks for all the effort Kommetjie, but it still looks like I need a Soundcloud account (which I should be able to get). You're right, I can now access it through Paleo's Dropbox file. It appears that your link is a ".html" extension (which just gets me to Soundcloud). The Dropbox accounts (e.g. - Paleo's) are ".mp3" links, which provide the actual file.
Please don't bother with this...I'm just being lazy! I'll look into a Soundcloud account...

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@Kommetjie

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565708-Enabling-downloads-for-your-track

Give this a try (if you haven't already):

1) In your track list, click on the "pencil" icon (edit) that appears when you hover over the track name
2) Click on the heading "Permissions" in the upper right
3) Click on the first button "enable downloads"

This is for each track individually. But you can enable a group of tracks all at once by first putting a check mark in front of each track and clicking "edit tracks".

Last edited:

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Jmin.....I just downloaded the file from Paparaptor's first post. I just right click on the link and select "save target as" and save to my desktop. From there I can download to dropbox, Riffmaster Pro or wherever you like.

By the way, Papa.....nice track. Thanks for sharing.

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
@Kommetjie

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565708-Enabling-downloads-for-your-track

Give this a try (if you haven't already):

1) In your track list, click on the "pencil" icon (edit) that appears when you hover over the track name
2) Click on the heading "Permissions" in the upper right
3) Click on the first button "enable downloads"

This is for each track individually. But you can enable a group of tracks all at once by first putting a check mark in front of each track and clicking "edit tracks".

Thanks, Paleo, I've tried that . . .

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Paleo, I've tried that . . .
Then apparently only those who have an account can download from each other.

I originally used my Google account to sign up so it was simply a one step process.

Since then I've had no problem downloading your tracks.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I just downloaded the file from Paparaptor's first post. I just right click on the link and select "save target as" and save to my desktop.
That works in DropBox, but not SoundCloud.:(

Therein lies the rub.

As jmin discovered, doing that with a SoundCoud link only saves an .html.

Others have had this problem in the past and it seems that the only solution is to open an account so you can share files with others.