Old dog, new trick

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Welcome to the forum. That is great that you have taken up guitar at an advanced age. As an almost octogenarian, I truly appreciate your "physical hobbies" status.

I have had an on again off again experience with playing. I first started in the '50s, stopped for a while, started again in '64 only to be interrupted by military duty. That one lasted 40 yrs before attempting to play again. Then work got in the way for another 10 or so years until I finally got back to learning. This time around, I have had some physical limitations that put playing on the skids for a couple years. All in all, I am trying to get back the best I can.

This forum has a lot of members willing to answer questions relating to playing guitar and in some cases, they will offer friendly advice on other topics.... Good to have you join in on the fun.....Good Playing!

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Dale, go to the introduction for the course. You should see the files available for download. The course you own are the one(s) that will have files for download.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Also, there is usually a course content menu below the main video window which let's you play the audio lessons at various tempos. Handy to practice each lesson after you no longer require the video and tab.
Thanks Braylon, I overlooked the tracks below the downloads......

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Hello Dale!

I am also 81 and have been playing guitar since I was 10. Please let us know what course or courses you are studying. In addition to timing, may I suggest you learn "basic techniques"? They are so important! Personally, I enjoy BB King's music - the "Shuffle" style that is. Question and answer. I avoid "mindless licks" that say nothing (to me!).

Enjoy! :cool::love:

Tom

DaleHarding220

Blues Newbie
I had been using another on line course for 3 months before starting the basic blues solo course. I knew the pentatonic scales pretty well and was also doing dexterity exercises. I could do some improvisation but I never was in time. That is what I am working on now and it is helping a lot. I love the trading sessions. I have not done anything with chords or rhythm yet.

w.d._womack

wdwomack
Welcome, seems like a lot of us old dogs here, i just read three replys that sound like my Bio. It is good to hear. Never tried counting much before coming here and its kind of a bear to get used to. Thought I had pretty good timing until I got here and found I really didn't have any. Can't chew bubble gum and walk and now have to Count and Play at the same time UGHH.