Some Stems

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
So, some of us like to mix and master, some like to write songs ...............then we have a few that can do it all.

I need some practice mixing and mastering, it's still a struggle to switch from song writing mindset to listening to mixing, as I still have my original idea in my head and chase that thought.

So, if anyone who does not enjoy the production side has stems, or can record and export to stems, I would like to try and mix someone elses work. I just want it plain and dirty, nothing done to it, if you record with a metronome and timing is good, I can probably add the drums if you need.

I cant promise how long it will take as, well, work..........but would love a shot, especially if it is an origianl so I have no pre conceived ideas, but covers are okay too, the more basic the better

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Mark,
You and few others have been kind (brave) enough to let me have a shot at mixing thier tracks.
I'll repay the favor and dig up one of my originals and see if I have one with clean tracks for you.
Most of my originals are Bass, Drums, Guitars, Vocals.
I see if I can find one that's got more tracks.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
So, some of us like to mix and master, some like to write songs ...............then we have a few that can do it all.

I need some practice mixing and mastering, it's still a struggle to switch from song writing mindset to listening to mixing, as I still have my original idea in my head and chase that thought.

So, if anyone who does not enjoy the production side has stems, or can record and export to stems, I would like to try and mix someone elses work. I just want it plain and dirty, nothing done to it, if you record with a metronome and timing is good, I can probably add the drums if you need.

I cant promise how long it will take as, well, work..........but would love a shot, especially if it is an origianl so I have no pre conceived ideas, but covers are okay too, the more basic the better
I should already know this, but are you running Studio One? I can send generic stems or bundle up some S1 song files.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I should already know this, but are you running Studio One? I can send generic stems or bundle up some S1 song files.
Oh yeah, upgraded to that 2 years ago, decided it was time to learn more, Mixcraft had some good things, but, it isnt commonly used and it is more about flash than substance

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Mark,
You and few others have been kind (brave) enough to let me have a shot at mixing thier tracks.
I'll repay the favor and dig up one of my originals and see if I have one with clean tracks for you.
Most of my originals are Bass, Drums, Guitars, Vocals.
I see if I can find one that's got more tracks.
Perfect, thanks, should be interesting to see how visions compare

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OK,
I sent the original tracks from one of my songs going back several years.
I have two requests:
1. Don't go listen to the original....I want to hear what you do with it
2. When you're finished, post it here so we can all hear it.

After you post your mix, I'll put the link up for the original song so we can hear two versions.

Have fun..........good luck