Acoustic Shuffle in E

jmin

Student Of The Blues
OK. I'm going to do a little experiment. I uploaded my contribution to SoundCloud and enabled downloading.
@jmin Please try to download it if you haven't already signed up for an account.
Otherwise, would anyone who doesn't have a SoundCloud account try to download it and see what happens.
Click on the 3 little dots that say "more".
https://soundcloud.com/richard-haskin-344548712/e-acoustic-barrelhouse-shuffle-paleo

Nope. Same thing as kommetjie's. I'll see if I can get an account set up...thanks for the effort!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
That works in DropBox, but not SoundCloud.:(

Therein lies the rub.

As jmin discovered, doing that with a SoundCoud link only saves an .html.

Others have had this problem in the past and it seems that the only solution is to open an account so you can share files with others.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something. I’m not opening the track at all...in Dropbox or SoundCloud. I’m right clicking on the link that’s attached in the post. That’s how I saved mine to the desktop.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Jmin.....I just downloaded the file from Paparaptor's first post. I just right click on the link and select "save target as" and save to my desktop. From there I can download to dropbox, Riffmaster Pro or wherever you like.
By the way, Papa.....nice track. Thanks for sharing.
Yea, Ivan...I get the same results as you. I can download, just like you, from Dropbox.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Open a Soundcloud account.

When you click on the track link in this thread, it will take you to Soundcloud.
Right under the new track below "Leave a Comment" are four icons: Like, Repost, Share & More.
Click on "More" and in the dropdown box click "Download" .

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Maybe I’m misunderstanding something. I’m not opening the track at all...in Dropbox or SoundCloud. I’m right clicking on the link that’s attached in the post. That’s how I saved mine to the desktop.

Yes. For a link posted by someone who uses Dropbox you can right click the link and download the file directly. Just as you did.
Or you can open the track by clicking the link and just listen to it..

We're in the process of discovering that for a link posted from SoundCloud you don't have those options.
Right clicking only saves an .html file.
Clicking takes you to the site.
If you have an account you can download the track from there.
If you do not have an account you can only listen to it.:(

You can't download directly from a link posted from SoundCloud. You have to open the link and go to the site. Even then you can only download if you have an account of your own.

Kommetjie uses SoundCloud. You can't download his contributions directly from the link.
You can from those members who use DropBox. (And maybe some other services?)

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
OK...got it! I can now access the file from Soundcloud. On my Mac, it downloads the file directly into iTunes. Then I just click and drag it into GarageBand (DAW). A little different than Dropbox. Dropbox just puts it in the Mac as another file in Finder, which I then click and drag into GarageBand. I think that's why I prefer Dropbox...it's a couple less clicks and I don't have to login.

Please resume Shuffling in E. My apologies to the VJR'ers for this interruption.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Yes. For a link posted by someone who uses Dropbox you can right click the link and download the file directly. Just as you did.
Or you can open the track by clicking the link and just listen to it..

We're in the process of discovering that for a link posted from SoundCloud you don't have those options.
Right clicking only saves an .html file.
Clicking takes you to the site.
If you have an account you can download the track from there.
If you do not have an account you can only listen to it.:(

You can't download directly from a link posted from SoundCloud. You have to open the link and go to the site. Even then you can only download if you have an account of your own.

Kommetjie uses SoundCloud. You can't download his contributions directly from the link.
You can from those members who use DropBox. (And maybe some other services?)

Got ya....thanks.

artyman

Fareham UK
I don't have a soundcloud account and can't download tracks from the 'More' link only listen, though I have downloaded from Soundcloud in the past, have they changed something or has Kommetjie not set something

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I don't have a soundcloud account and can't download tracks from the 'More' link only listen, though I have downloaded from Soundcloud in the past, have they changed something or has Kommetjie not set something

Something has changed. I did some snooping today and it appears Soundcloud has invoked this to avoid the wrath of the record industry.

On the other hand, you can still listen to and download from Microsoft's One Drive, Google Drive and Dropbox without an account, although they may ask you to sign up (you can decline and still download). If you have Windows 10, you probably already have a Windows One Drive account and may not know it. If you have an Android phone or Google Chrome on your browser, you may already have a Google Drive account and not know it. Dropbox is still Dropbox and is probably the easiest of the bunch. 4Shared still exists, but it's a major clusterf*&$, as it has been for years. I did a test post of all three of the services (no 4shared) in the Test Zone in the General Category in the first section of the forum. See if you can play and/or download from each of them. (Stolenbeer.rocks is there also, but that's my own commercial account that I use for almost all VJR stuff).

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks jmin.
But to be 100% accurate, change the "www" to "dl" (direct link).

No! This isn’t a direct link for a jam track (where you would be 100% correct). This is just a link to the DROPBOX website, where you can sign up to get an account to upload files. Sorry for the confusion.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
No! This isn’t a direct link for a jam track (where you would be 100% correct). This is just a link to the DROPBOX website, where you can sign up to get an account to upload files. Sorry for the confusion.

10-4

I was over thinking that one!

My bad. : (

artyman

Fareham UK
Yep that one is working OK, if you change the www for dl it will load the media player straight away. or right click to download it.