Blues Guitar Unleashed 1.0

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
It was upgraded to BGU 2.0 in 2015.

New videos. New manual, Some expanded lessons with more examples.

BGU “1.0” (2008) was only available in the “olden times” on DVD. :unsure:

However Griff has made “legacy” pdfs of the original manual and supplement available in your course list.

If you don’t have access to 2.0 as an AAP member or haven’t purchased the upgrade, I would strongly recommend doing so.

Griff might even cut you a deal. :cool:

It’ll be worth it. (y)

Last edited:

DeborahCroce

Blues Newbie
I have most of the courses Griff has produced which have DVDs etc. From what I can see these other courses have the videos and audios included on line in the member portal. Why not this one?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Yes, all courses subsequent to the original BGU have online access to video and audio.

The original simply did not.

Nor did I have the capability when I bought the course in 2013 to do a course online even if it was available.

The BGU “Empire” has grown right along with advancements in technology.

I’m not a tech person but it may not have even been possible at the time to offer online access.

You gotta look at how his offerings have changed course to course chronologically.

It was his first course and only available on DVD through the mail.

Once he started offering courses on line you had the option of digital or DVD.

If you choose DVD you also get online access.

BGU 1.0 came out before online access was available.

To render higher quality online video later would have required re-shooting the entire course. :unsure:

Which he eventually did with 2.0.

For whatever the reason, 1.0 is the one and only course that came out on DVD only.

Side note: For the last 7 courses he’s released he’s gone the other way and stopped producing DVDs. :cry:

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have most of the courses Griff has produced which have DVDs etc. From what I can see these other courses have the videos and audios included on line in the member portal. Why not this one?
The original Blues Guitar Unleashed was shot in what would now be considered "low-definition" video, compared to later material which has been recorded in 720p hi-definition video.

Griff shot the original BGU back in 2009 or very early 2010 (I don't recall exactly when). BGU 2.0 is basically a re-shoot of the original BGU, with very few updates. I compared the PDF files for BGU and BGU 2.0 and the chapters are the same. When Griff made BGU 2.0 available he offered the update to everyone who purchased the original BGU at a reduced rate.

If you are the original purchaser of the BGU course you have from Blues Guitar Unleashed, send Griff a direct message about upgrading your access to BGU 2.0 so you can access the lessons online.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I purchased Blues Guitar Unleashed Version 1.0 (BGU), some years ago. We moved four years ago and there are many things I cannot find due to the move, including BGU 1.0. However, I do have some of the files on my computer and they are listed below..

Blues Jam Tracks
1-15
16-29

Bonus Material
CD

The North Mississippi All Stars

DVD
BLUES_GUITAR_UNLEASHED_BONUS

CD 1 Course material
CD 2 Course material

Muting
Video

My budget does not allow me to purchase BGU 2,0. I do not have an interest in being an AAP member. I would imagine that there were videos for BGU 1.0 which included Griff giving lessons for the individual parts of the course.

It would be nice if @Griff were to include the missing materials for those of us who purchased the original DVD, BGU 1.0. :cool::love:

Tom

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It would be nice if @Griff were to include the missing materials for those of us who purchased the original DVD, BGU 1.0. :cool::love:
I would suggest the same as I did for the OP. If you were an original purchaser of the first BGU course, contact Griff directly about an upgrade to BGU 2.0 I can't speak for Griff, but I imagine he no longer has copies of the original recordings. The upgrade from BGU to BGU 2.0 was at a substantially reduced price, basically the cost of the new media. When I upgraded, I believe I only upgraded to online access to 2.0. If you do that, you are free to use and download all video and audio from the course.

You don't need AAP to access courses you already own. Those are available to you when you log in to the Member's website.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
The original Blues Guitar Unleashed was shot in what would now be considered "low-definition" video, compared to later material which has been recorded in 720p hi-definition video.

Griff shot the original BGU back in 2009 or very early 2010 (I don't recall exactly when). BGU 2.0 is basically a re-shoot of the original BGU, with very few updates. I compared the PDF files for BGU and BGU 2.0 and the chapters are the same. When Griff made BGU 2.0 available he offered the update to everyone who purchased the original BGU at a reduced rate.

If you are the original purchaser of the BGU course you have from Blues Guitar Unleashed, send Griff a direct message about upgrading your access to BGU 2.0 so you can access the lessons online.
Thank you, Lloyd! I will do as you suggested. :cool::love:

Tom