Griff's New Course The House Pattern

RickRussell

El Kabong
I just went through the first part of the course. I sure wish I would have waited one more day to turn in my Golden Ticket! At least I can still do the course being an All Access member!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just went through the first part of the course. I sure wish I would have waited one more day to turn in my Golden Ticket! At least I can still do the course being an All Access member!
Yeah, I did the same thing. A day or two ago I noticed I had a Golden Ticket & just used it on a random course I didn't own.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
BTW, it's The House Pattern, not the 4 Note Solo.
So far I've listened to the first 3 sections and have started the trading section. I'm really enjoying it.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I really like the assortment of licks (most of which I actually have a chance of playing :LOL:). I would like to see them applied to slow blues as well, but maybe that's a good challenge to figure out myself.

RickRussell

El Kabong
Yeah, I did the same thing. A day or two ago I noticed I had a Golden Ticket & just used it on a random course I didn't own.
Mike S, same! I never did get the Albert King Solo lessons, so I went for that one. Can't go wrong with him!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I really like the assortment of licks (most of which I actually have a chance of playing :LOL:). I would like to see them applied to slow blues as well, but maybe that's a good challenge to figure out myself.
That would be an outstanding way to go.

Here's what I would suggest
1 - count them out loud like normal and make sure you have them memorized
2 - try them over the slow blues in A from 50SBLBTB jam track (that's 60 or 65 bpm)
3 - try them over the A blues jam track from THP (that's 105)
4 - try them over "All You Need Is Blues In A" from UBJ2 (that's a nice 120 or 125 maybe.)

RickRussell

El Kabong
Incidentally, that one quickly became one of my favorites as I got into it more. If you had to do one "style of" course, I'd suggest that one.
Thanks, Griff! Have always loved his songs. The DVD he did with Stevie Ray Vaughn locked me on to him!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Have gone completely through the course each of the last 3 days .... without a guitar.

Attached are my notes.

If anyone can make sense out of them they may be useful? :unsure:

But at least I have myself a permanent record. :cool:

Day 1: Just watched completely through before getting out of bed.

Day 2: I just kept track of which licks were completely minor (m) and which needed to change (B).

Today (Day 3) I took notes on every lick in each section starting with section 3.

Ticket to get on board is due tomorrow. (y)

IMG_1803.jpegIMG_1805.jpegIMG_1810.jpeg

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Maybe think about how Griff’s Major 3+2 and Minor 2+3 patterns relate played from the 2nd string root. :unsure:

And how little used the 4 in the “Major” House Pattern is other than bending to the 5, in tweedlies or in walk ups or downs in combination with the b5.

(There’s only one lick where it stands alone. :oops:)

Just some early morning thoughts for today.

GT arrived right on schedule. :cool:

Last edited:

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
Maybe think about how Griff’s Major 3+2 and Minor 2+3 patterns relate played from the 2nd string root. :unsure:

And how little used the 4 in the House Pattern is other than bending to the 5, in tweedlies or in walk ups or downs in combination with the b5.

(There’s only one lick where it stands alone. :oops:)

Just some early morning thoughts for today. :cool:
Curious, is the course available to redeem a golden ticket for? I have a ticket yet does not show up in available courses to use it on - is it me or am I missing something

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Curious, is the course available to redeem a golden ticket for? I have a ticket yet does not show up in available courses to use it on - is it me or am I missing something
You’re just too early.

It’ll be there in the list soon after Griff officially releases the course.

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@Griff

Just a couple of small things in the manual .....

Section 11: Bonus Solo 5, page 52 last measure

Lick 8-4 (part) should be Lick 8-5 (part)?

Section 10: Bonus Solo 4, page 49 top line

Bracket for Lick 2-3 should extend over that rest and F# that are in-between the brackets?

Last edited: