How do you block a member?

Elwood

Blues
I have never felt the need, until now. And guess what, I don't know how?

Any help?

Maybe a question for one of our moderators? Perhaps someone who has blocked me could help?

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Click on Members (top menu) or on their avatar anywhere it appears.
Inside the Members page, left hand column, see "Find Member"
Enter the Member's Username and press Enter.
A popup will appear with the Member's avatar, name and other information about them.
There will be three buttons on the bottom of the popup, Follow, Ignore, Start conversation.

Exceptions: Moderators and Admin cannot be blocked. (So you have to put up with me).

Also: In your info, under Your Account you have a section called Settings. Under that, you have an option called Ignoring.
If you select Ignoring, you will get a list of anyone you are ignoring (or it will tell you, you are not currently ignoring any members).
There is an option within Ignore that is selected here.
If it is checked, content from anyone you ignore will not appear at all.
If it is not checked, their posts will be hidden with a message indicating the user is ignored. It also will display an option to show the content.

If someone you ignore starts a thread, you will not see the thread, regardless of who else responds.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Click on Members (top menu) or on their avatar anywhere it appears.
Inside the Members page, left hand column, see "Find Member"
Enter the Member's Username and press Enter.
A popup will appear with the Member's avatar, name and other information about them.
There will be three buttons on the bottom of the popup, Follow, Ignore, Start conversation.

Exceptions: Moderators and Admin cannot be blocked. (So you have to put up with me).

Also: In your info, under Your Account you have a section called Settings. Under that, you have an option called Ignoring.
If you select Ignoring, you will get a list of anyone you are ignoring (or it will tell you, you are not currently ignoring any members).
There is an option within Ignore that is selected here.
If it is checked, content from anyone you ignore will not appear at all.
If it is not checked, their posts will be hidden with a message indicating the user is ignored. It also will display an option to show the content.

If someone you ignore starts a thread, you will not see the thread, regardless of who else responds.
Lloyd, I knew there was a reason I could not get rid of you! :love: I jest. Thank you for the details, which are very helpful.

Tom

Elwood

Blues
Papa, sage advise. I am very disappointed that you (collectively, all of you) don't at least exercise a some discretion in what you allow to stand. Be that as it may, I wish no one harm. I just detest pretty privelidge abuse. That will never change, maybe it's just time to say thanks. I have never spoken poorly of another here. I won't start now.

I'll think a bit. But, the nature of the challenging response, with no one seeing the need to remove that obnoxious , taunting reply, well that is a bit beyond me.

I will weigh my future enjoyment of this site against what has been said.

I prefer to maintain my internet access.

As my choices are limited, I may limit others.

I'll stay connected here, for a while, if I can be of service to any or you.

All the best to you my friend, my other friends here. And a sincere thanks for all that all of you have done to help me. I hope that I have been of some value to you.

Last edited:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Hang in and try to enjoy the good and ignore the obtrusive. You have always been willing to help when called upon.

Elwood

Blues
Shame on me for letting my frustration show.

Thanks to you for the kindness and support. I really appreciate it. I'll try to keep a more balanced posture going forward.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Shame on me for letting my frustration show.

Thanks to you for the kindness and support. I really appreciate it. I'll try to keep a more balanced posture going forward.
I just want you to know I sympathize with you. And I appreciate your point of view, well on most things at least.....LOL

Maybe the tides will change. Here is hoping for a Happy Easter, friend.