Amps I think my Amp died. Help

KAS2

Blues Newbie
Update. I found a place literally 2 miles from home, Acorn Amplifiers they make some sweet boutique tube amps but also do repairs. They don’t charge a bench fee, so they will go over the amp find the issue & then provide a quote to fix it. So this way I can find out the issue without dishing out any cash and then evaluate if it’s worth repairing.

KAS2

Blues Newbie
This amp is dead to me. It’s basically the same cost to just buy a new one as it is to fix it. Apparently there’s a little chip on the power board that is too tiny/delicate to remove manually that is bad. So the whole board would need to be replaced, which the tech said that Vox is charging them almost $200, plus their labor so $300ish total. I think I paid $285 for the amp. Little disappointing, but now I get to go new amp shopping....I think Vox will be scratched from my list.....might be joining the Monoprice gang.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
If you can send me the board, I could try to replace the part. Can they give you a part number that needs to be replaced. The techs in our lab can probably replace it. They put tiny stuff on all the time using microscopes. see if your repair shop can give you a copy of the schematic and parts list?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
This amp is dead to me. It’s basically the same cost to just buy a new one as it is to fix it. Apparently there’s a little chip on the power board that is too tiny/delicate to remove manually that is bad. So the whole board would need to be replaced, which the tech said that Vox is charging them almost $200, plus their labor so $300ish total. I think I paid $285 for the amp. Little disappointing, but now I get to go new amp shopping....I think Vox will be scratched from my list.....might be joining the Monoprice gang.

One word for ya Bugerra........top notch customer service, and I have never been able to kill one, no matter how stupidly I tried. Some great prices on small home, full tube units