Pedals/Effects Looper recommendations

TedQuaday

Blues Newbie
I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced (200-300$) looper. The Boss RC5 and Boss RC10R have been recommended as easy to use devices. Does anyone here have recommendations on other products that are easy to use and reasonably priced?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I have both the Ditto original and the X2, I also have a Singular Sound Aeros. I mostly use the Ditto X2, the learning curve on the Aeros is still a hill I'm slowly climbing. I also have the original Trio (no looper) and would also recommend it with the looper feature, as I oft use mine along with the Ditto.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
To simply create loops (like Griff suggests to create your own backing track) You can't beat the Ditto. It's not fancy and all it can do is create a loop and over dub, but if that's all you want, the one button simplicity can't be beat. Any looper will take a bit of practice. The key is to hit the button (On and off) exactly on the down beat of One.

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
I use the digi tech trio which has really improved my lead playing

However i am considering the Sheeran looper x for my one man show - expensive - will have to save for that one but pretty cool.

Happy playing

Peace

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm leaning toward buying the Boss RC 10 R retailing at around $290. Does anyone have red flags to raise?
great looper, but might be the more complex/expensive route.
It really depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to make more complex loops, then you need the extra complexity & cost, but if all you want to do is play some chords into it so that you can practice to them, IMO the Ditto is the answer.

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
Sometimes you can find the trio on sale or used- I bought mine for 50 bucks at a garage sale so I saved a chunk of change

either way you go - a looper I believe with practice can really help your rhythm and lead playing

happy Playing

peace

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I've had the Boss RC-500 for awhile and really like it. I had the Aeros before and although it was a very good looper, I just never really got comfortable using it. The drum loops of the Boss are very good and it works seamlessly going through the effects loop of my amp / multi-effect unit.