My Courses,

JohnPistotnik215

Blues Newbie
I selected BGU 2.0 as my first Golden Ticket, but when Into to ,"My Courses" it just goes to the all access page.
I have written the helpdesk twice and got no response. If anyone can shed any light here , I would appreciate it.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Have you tried clicking on “Member Portal” from here in the forum?

That should take you to “My Courses”.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
It takes me to All the courses, right now I have an All access pass.
Yes the All Access Pass gives you online access to all the courses.

That’s what it’s all about. :unsure:

But now when you open BGU2.0 you have links to download all the materials in that course because you redeemed a ticket for it and now own it.

You still have online access to all other courses but can’t download them.

If you should ever cancel membership you’ll lose access to all those other courses but still have BGU permanently in your list.

The only thing that’s changed is you can now download BGU 2.0. Over time the number of courses in the list you own will grow each time you redeem another ticket.

Last edited:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Things don't look any different after using your golden ticket, but like @Paleo said, you'll now see download options on the BGU2.0 pages that you didn't have before.

Can you let me know if you see those or not?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
You should also see a link below the course list:

“Which courses do I own?”

BGU should now be on that list.

JohnPistotnik215

Blues Newbie
You should also see a link below the course list:

“Which courses do I own?”

BGU should now be on that list.
Things don't look any different after using your golden ticket, but like @Paleo said, you'll now see download options on the BGU2.0 pages that you didn't have before.

Can you let me know if you see those or not?
I do see those now but when I went to down load, it said Safari did not recgnize it as a valid download. My question is will I just be able to go to BGU web sight and just use the courses I own or will it just be from my downloads only ?

JohnPistotnik215

Blues Newbie
Yes the All Access Pass gives you online access to all the courses.

That’s what it’s all about. :unsure:

But now when you open BGU2.0 you have links to download all the materials in that course because you redeemed a ticket for it and now own it.

You still have online access to all other courses but can’t download them.

If you should ever cancel membership you’ll lose access to all those other courses but still have BGU permanently in your list.

The only thing that’s changed is you can now download BGU 2.0. Over time the number of courses in the list you own will grow each time you redeem another ticket.
Thank you

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I do see those now but when I went to down load, it said Safari did not recgnize it as a valid download. My question is will I just be able to go to BGU web sight and just use the courses I own or will it just be from my downloads only ?
You can still stream any course you own from the web site.

Griff

Staff member
That's really odd, but I'm not a safari user so maybe something has changed. It's just a link to a file, so I don't know how to change it to something else, but maybe someone else who has safari can check that for me?

Possibly you might want to control-click and choose "Save as..." or something similar from the drop down menu?

Griff

Staff member
As mentioned, you can always stream from the website, and with the player tools (speed up, slow down, loop, etc.) it might be preferable. You can do similar things with a downloaded file, but it will require something like VLC or Video Surgeon or some other player capable of doing those things.

I just tried logging in as me and downloading some files just to make sure it worked and I don't have any issue, but I'm using Chrome on Windows, I don't currently have a Mac handy with Safari.

When I right click on a link to download there is an option that says "Save link as..." and most browsers have something similar, but I don't know the exact verbage for every browser. So if you try clicking on it and Safari doesn't know what to do with it, do a ctrl-click and use the dropdown menu and you should be able to download it. I think, in this case, Safari just isn't configured for that file type and just needs your help.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
That's really odd, but I'm not a safari user so maybe something has changed. It's just a link to a file, so I don't know how to change it to something else, but maybe someone else who has safari can check that for me?

Possibly you might want to control-click and choose "Save as..." or something similar from the drop down menu?
I just went to BGU 2.0 on Safari and tried simply to click the "MP4 DL (ZIP)" link, and it hung for a while without downloading until I gave up on it. I then right-clicked the link (no control key on Macs) and selected "save as" and it prompted me for the download location like normal and that seemed to work okay. Maybe try that?