Slow Blues Construction Kit - my first example

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I recorded this today just to see what it would sound like, and although it is a little rough in spots, it seemed good enough to post as an example, if not a polished solo.
Most of the licks are from the Construction Kit, selected directly from the chart I posted in another thread, except for a couple that I stole from SBS - mixing together what I've learned from the Construction Kit and SBS.
Kind of got carried away at the very ending, but listening to it back, I kind of liked it.
Give a listen if you wish.
Tom

https://db.tt/qjdO8tb3

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Great stuff Tom.......I've started this course in the last week although it it's likely to be quite a time before I'm at the recording stage.....but I did recognise some of the licks. I loved the ending as well.

(y)

JN99

Hang Fire
Very nice, felt a little BB-esque start and then took in your own direction. And the whole thing sounds very cohesive to me. Well done sir :Beer:

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Thanks for the nice comments guys. This course is a keeper - I think I am going to get a lot out of it.
BTW, beware - if you "paper doll" a set of individual licks together as printed in the book, you are likely to wind up with "extra measures" in your solo, due to the fact that in some cases, the last measure of some licks is common to the first lick of the following one!
I'm really looking forward to hearing what others come up with from this.
Tom

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Nicely done, sounds great. I just bought this course and haven't really gotten into it, but I love the concept. Thanks for the demo. ;-)

Bill

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sounds great Tom! I think this course is going to be a boon for us all.

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Tom, nicely combining some recognizable riffs (for me at least) (BGU solo4 and SBS solo6) plus some originals I'm sure especially the one right at the end (gotta figure out how you did this one). Sounded cool and like a pro!