Slow Blues Suggestions?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Decided I want to work on something slow blues, as that's something I've not really done much. Any suggestions? Should I jump on something from SBS or SBCK? Anybody worked through any of Griff's slow blues stuff to be familiar with it? Or maybe @Griff what might be a one-shot challenge that would be fun too?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Stormy Monday, reminds me I have the Steve Travoto Voodoo Blues and Voodoo Monday courses I need to get back to,
Voodoo Monday is a great solo! It's got that great Allman Brothers vibe, and in addition to the fact that I really enjoy playing it, it's one of the few that I can consistently remember.

Last edited:

snarf

Voodoo Monday is a great solo!
I second Voodoo Monday, fun solo to learn and play
What is Voodoo Monday? I have Voodoo Blues, and I've been through probably a solo and a half of it. I don't remember those being slow blues. Or, since Voodoo Blues is a Steve T course, maybe Voodoo Monday is too, and I missed getting that one somehow.

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Yes it is a Steve T course separate from Voodoo Blues, I think it has its own course under “my courses”

Elio

Student Of The Blues
What is Voodoo Monday? I have Voodoo Blues, and I've been through probably a solo and a half of it. I don't remember those being slow blues. Or, since Voodoo Blues is a Steve T course, maybe Voodoo Monday is too, and I missed getting that one somehow.
When Steve first released Voodoo Blues, he included Voodoo Monday as a separate course that was bundled together with it. I see it on my AAP members page, but I'm not sure if that is just because I originally bought them as a bundle.

It is a really nice sounding Stormy Monday solo.

snarf

When Steve first released Voodoo Blues, he included Voodoo Monday as a separate course that was bundled together with it. I see it on my AAP members page, but I'm not sure if that is just because I originally bought them as a bundle.

It is a really nice sounding Stormy Monday solo.
After I asked, I did what I should've done in the first place and searched the forum and found the answer. I bought Voodoo Blues a few months after it came out, so must've missed that bonus. If Griff ever works out a deal with Steve T to sell his courses again, I'll have to grab that one.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
After I asked, I did what I should've done in the first place and searched the forum and found the answer. I bought Voodoo Blues a few months after it came out, so must've missed that bonus. If Griff ever works out a deal with Steve T to sell his courses again, I'll have to grab that one.
Reach out to @Griff and I'm sure he can work something out.