Solo Number 2

Gavin

Blues Newbie
My attempt at solo 2. I was trying to sync the video with the audio so me using Griff's count was my visual cue (I'm actually born and raised in Ireland so I definitely do not sound like that!!)

I didn't include the last lick, because I think it's more a song ending lick, and I'm hoping that I can build a whole thing around this full backing track.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

Thank you,

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
You make it look easy Gavin. I've been dragging my heels trying to get Solo 1 perfect, but I think you've inspired me to get stuck into Solo 2. Well done :):thumbup:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
You make it look easy Gavin. I've been dragging my heels trying to get Solo 1 perfect, but I think you've inspired me to get stuck into Solo 2. Well done :):thumbup:
Its funny you say this, Chris, because he does make it look effortless. When I'm grinding through theses solos, I get all worked up and out of breath. If I could control my breathing better, I think it'd help me. And I can't begin to get those bends without making guitar faces.

Gavin

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the kind words, but it was very much an effort!!! Every time I turn the camera on, my hands go to hell. This took about 5 different tries just to get through it on camera, whereas I feel good playing it in the room myself!!

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Don't I know it. I'm working on the video for solo3 in a new song I recorded to feature it. And I'm capturing the performance in my daw to keep sound quality high. I either screw up the guitar or forget the words so its delete everything and start over. Gonna try for a good take tonight to post soon, I made a cheat sheet for my lines.