The new Albert King course......

Rob63

Make It Your Own
Does anyone know if the solos are in standard tuning or one of Albert's oddball tunings. As it's the first week I'd like to find out asap to get the deal on the course.
Thanks......
Rob

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I'm pretty sure the course is in standard tuning. I haven't looked at more than the intro and the first few Albertisms, but Griff states in the intro that the licks translate easily from his upside-down oddball tuning.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Does anyone know if the solos are in standard tuning or one of Albert's oddball tunings. As it's the first week I'd like to find out asap to get the deal on the course.
Thanks......
Rob
Everything is in Standard tuning

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Thanks......
Rob
It's all standard tuning and right side up. There are several places in the breakdowns of the licks where I'll give you some options because, obviously, I've made a decision on how I think it should be played but there are often alternatives because we're translating.

Rob63

Make It Your Own
It's all standard tuning and right side up. There are several places in the breakdowns of the licks where I'll give you some options because, obviously, I've made a decision on how I think it should be played but there are often alternatives because we're translating.
Thank you Griff........it's a "done deal"! ;-)

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
My fingers hurt. I'm in solo 6. However I'm just going through it with Griff playing every lick and writing down all the counts. After I get to the end I'll start over and actually try to learn the licks and solos and apply them to other jam tracks but that will be awhile. I figure this is better to start with and then move on to the SRV course. My plan is to stay the course on this one.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
All done writing in all the counts. Now I'm on Rewind and going over the licks slowly. Maybe 6 bars worth a week . I'll see how well they stick

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
All done writing in all the counts. Now I'm on Rewind and going over the licks slowly. Maybe 6 bars worth a week . I'll see how well they stick
The first 2-3 solos are definitely easier than the later ones. I think you'll find that you'll move through them fairly well. The later ones will take time, but doing this one before the SRV will really set you up well for that one.