February 2024 Challenge - Going down to Yasgur's Farm

Jack

Blues Junior
Keeping the CCR Theme going, this is 'Green River'. I can't remember if I posted this on here before in one of the other challenges or not.
(I looked back at the list of challenges and couldn't find a CCR challenge). I hope to record something else for this months challenge, but in the meantime, here's 'Green River'.

Green River
Pure freakin' spectacular man! Playing is awesome and same with the production :)

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Here's my cover of Spoonful. This song was played at 8:15PM on Aug 17, 1969 by Alvin Lee & Ten Years After on the main stage at Woodstock.

10YA did the song in A, my version is in E (as were Howlin' Wolf's original and most of Cream's covers). That is the only chord in the song, so the chord chart is pretty easy to remember. The first minute of mine is mostly me getting set up. I did this in front of my webcam with a looper, so the setup was in the recording and I left it there. I got a little lost in the solo/jam part, but I eventually came out of it ok (I think I took 44 bars, which is kinda odd, but it's hard to keep track when there are no chord changes!)

Bass guitar is running through a Behringer BDI2 V-Tone Bass Driver DI Pedal which I just got (and already dearly love) into the XLR input of my Boss RC-500 loop station. Guitar goes through a TC Electronic Impulse IR Loader pedal with an IR for a JCM 800 and a 4x12 cab, a TCE reverb pedal, and into the regular input of the looper. For the rhythm guitar part there is a Blues Driver OD ahead of the IR pedal, and for the lead part there is also a RAT in front of the OD. The vocal mic and instruments (via the looper) are all going into my mixer, and the stereo main outs of the mixer feeds the Windows Camera app, which I used to record the video and audio all at once (no DAW for this recording).

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
@dvs
Nicely done. (y)
Sometimes the easy ones are hard to do.
You done good.

That's a great example of looper use.
I'm a big fan of loopers, I think everybody should have one.

Reactions: dvs

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Pretty cool Doug. The song sounds great.
It also points out what I hate about people using looper in a live show. No audience wants to sit through all the setup... Except your audience here on the forum. (y)

Elwood

Blues
We all get so many toys in such a short time that we often fail to get comfortable with them. Nice job with the looper and the whole tune too!!! A DAW free zone! :Beer::Beer::Beer: